Learn to Curl
What to expect at an Learn to Curl...
Set aside about 2 hours to learn to curl. It all starts off with a brief off ice instruction including curling terminology. Once on the ice, instructors will go over the basics of curling including throwing a stone and sweeping. Participants are urged to wear layered, loose clothing and sneakers. All other equipment is provided. Be sure to arrive 15 mins before the scheduled start time of your Learn to Curl.
Our Learn to Curl start with a short off ice session and then practice with an instructor on the ice. At the end of the session, a short mock game will be played prepare you for joining a league.
Sessions:No Learn to Curl sessions currently scheduled. Check back soon! You can also sign up for our email notification list. Look for the sign up form on this page.
Want to curl more? Join A Novice League!
If you are signed up as a Friend of ECC (Right Column), you will receive an e-mail when Novice League signup is available.
Dare To Curl
Reasons to Curl
- You saw curling on TV and you want to give it a try!
- You enjoy competitive sports either by yourself or with friends and family.
- You want to play a winter sport that would benefit you and your family's physical health and mental well-being!
- You want to get your teenagers out of the house?
- Curling is not only a fun sport for the whole family, it's a game steeped in tradition and it teaches valuable life lessons about problem solving, sportsmanship, leadership, communication, etiquette and more!
- You want to get out and meet new people and socialize in an open and non-threatening environment!
- Sound good? Then curling is for you. Come on out to our Learn to Curl and give curling a try. You have got nothing to lose, and a great new experience to gain.
For more information,
Why a rock curls, and why you want to curl!
Bruce Irvin, visited Ignite Portland at the Bagdad Theatre in 2011 with this presentation...