Our friends at Granite Curling Club created some great videos on how to measure curling stones with ECC’s new measurement tools.
These videos give a few common pieces of advice:
- walk and move carefully whenever carrying these tools
- briefly cool down the tool behind the hack before using it in the house
- rest the tool on the ice before guiding the pin into the center of the house
- adjust the dial measure so that it barely touches the measured stone
- every touch of a measured stone brings the risk of moving the stone, so avoid touching it more than once with the measurement tools
- use a single finger when rotating the tool through the house
- always rotate the tool clockwise
- use your hand to move the 2nd (and 3rd if needed) measured stone to clearly demonstrate the result. this avoids misunderstandings, avoids needing to re-measure, and really helps the people watching on the video stream.